Basic Bra Sizing Guidelines
There are two important measurement components for figuring out your bra size:
1) Band size
2) Cup size
The band size refers to the numeric portion of your bra size; for example the '34' in '34CC'.
The cup size refers to the 'CC' in '34CC'.
Determining Your Band Size
1) First, put on your most supportive unpadded bra.
2) Standing in front of a mirror with your measuring tape, measure directly under the bust line. Hold the measuring tape gently but firmly under the bust and making sure that it is straight. A good indicator will be if the measuring tape is parallel to the floor. Round up or down to the next full number.
· For example: 29 1/2 inches rounds up to 30 inches; 30 1/4 inches rounds down to 30 inches.
3) Add 3 inches to this measurement to determine your band size.
· For example:
If your band measurement is 30 inches, then add 3 inches: 30 +3 = 33 inch band size.
However since bras are only sized in even sizes, using this example, you go up to a 34 band
Determining Your Cup Size
1) Standing in front of a mirror with your measuring tape, measure around the fullest part of your bust so that the measuring tape is touching but not tight or strained. Once again, make sure that the measuring tape is straight so make sure that the tape is parallel with the floor. Round up or down to the nearest inch just as you did with your band size.
2) Now, subtract your band size from the measurement that you just took around the bust; the difference will help you determine your cup size, using the chart below.
· For example:
If your bust size measurement is 37 inches and your band size 34 inches; the difference of 3 inches would make your size a 34CC.
Determining whether back is broad or small
Measure around your body, straight across your back and chest directly above the bust at underarm level. If this measurement is an odd number, add one inch and the result should be the same as your band size.
If the result of this measurement generates a larger measurement than the determined band size in Step 1, you probably have a broad back. If the measurement is smaller, your probably have a small back.